I am very sad to report that today’s strip wasn’t pulled from papers given the tragedy of Newtown. Already I have heard from a few readers who were mighty angry, and rightly so, for opening their comics page and seeing it. I create and send in my strips four weeks before they appear in the newspaper, and newspapers generally lay out the comics page part of their paper ahead of time as well. Sometimes editors catch things like this and ask for a replacement strip for their papers from my syndicate. We always give them one. I am sorry that I didn’t catch it, that my syndicate didn’t catch it, and that the comics editor of your newspaper didn’t catch it. The world has changed since I drew this strip and it just isn’t funny anymore.
Sign up for the Charming-Yet-Infrequent Newsletter
- Come Visit Me in My Studio This Weekend!
- Autumn Edition: The Charming-Yet-Infrequent Newsletter!
- Interviewing Mo Willems this Fri in Columbus, Ohio- Free Event!
- Today’s Hot Air Balloon Strip
- The Charming-Yet-Infrequent Newsletter- May 2016
- Ask A Cartoonist: Year in Review!
- Tuesday's Top Ten Comics on Soil
- Editor's Dispatch: Brrrrr!
- Ask the Archivist: TOOTS & CASPER
- Tuesday's Top Ten Comics on Disabilities Day