I am very sad to report that today’s strip wasn’t pulled from papers given the tragedy of Newtown. Already I have heard from a few readers who were mighty angry, and rightly so, for opening their comics page and seeing it. I create and send in my strips four weeks before they appear in the newspaper, and newspapers generally lay out the comics page part of their paper ahead of time as well. Sometimes editors catch things like this and ask for a replacement strip for their papers from my syndicate. We always give them one. I am sorry that I didn’t catch it, that my syndicate didn’t catch it, and that the comics editor of your newspaper didn’t catch it. The world has changed since I drew this strip and it just isn’t funny anymore.
Search BlogSign up for the Charming-Yet-Infrequent Newsletter!
- Helping Mo Willems Ice Bucket Himself
- I took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!
- My Short Bike Racing Career
- It Was Big Black Dog Day At The Studio
- Proof Of a Hard Day’s Work
- Corylea on August 17, 2014
- Mary in Ohio on It Was Big Black Dog Day At The Studio
- Rob on Visiting The Inner Sanctum of Beetle Bailey
- Mary in Ohio on August 12, 2014
- Corylea on August 7, 2014